Volunteering for Artomatic

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Did I tell you guys I volunteered for Artomatic this year? If you look closely you can see some of the graphics I submitted being used on the the main graphic. I submitted Dance, Spoken Word, and Burlesque. See:


I worked with a small team of other artists to help put together the poster and and overall design of the graphic before my laptop started to implode. (That's a story for another time.) 
I love the whole idea of Artomatic. I feel like there is a lot of art and indeed a lot of artists in metro DC, however you rarely see their work much less buy it. I'm not sure that it's because there's so many that it's too cluttered or they're all reclusive and never come out of their art-caves (like me). Whatever the case may be I  support AOM because c'mon, they benefit the artists100% and how many free workshops, beer and wine tastings do you need to realize this is just plain awesome?

That being said, you know I was there opening night!


I had a really good time and I got to hang out with the good folks of Somaphony! They had an interactive art piece covered in bloody music. No seriously:

People seemed afraid to come in (they didn't want to step on the art!)

...so Marcus and I stayed a while and played with the blood cells to help people get the idea. (Things got out of hand, there was blood everywhere.) Our evening ended with us and the Somaphony crew at The Dunes in DC (an art friendly venue). All in all a great time! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

You can type any information you would like here. I can't do that as Bruce Wayne... as a man. I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored, destroyed. But as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.







Pin It button on image hover